Just Food For Thought
Yields: 4-6 servings
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 2 medium yellow onions (peeled, and sliced thin)
- 2 medium apples (cored and sliced thin)
- 1 medium head cabbage (outer leaves removed, cored and chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups sweet apple cider
- 1 bay...
Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 3 to 4 cups whole wheat or whole grain bread chunks, lightly toasted or dried in the oven
- 1 4-pound pumpkin
- 1 cup half-and-half or heavy cream
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ½ teaspoon grated nutmeg, plus extra
- 1 ¼...
For the past 17 years, at the corner of Hamilton Avenue and Van Brundt Street in Red Hook, The Backyard Garden has served as a place for local residents to garden, grow food, and enjoy community activities. Founder Eric...