Just Food For Thought
Autumn Harvest Medley
1. Saute ginger in olive oil
2. Add vegetables in order of how long they need to cook; carrots, cauliflower, tomatillo, mushrooms, bok choy, chard, thyme.
3. As you add veggies, season periodically with salt, pepper, olive oil, and flavor enhancers Maple Syrup and Chipotle.
4. When vegetables are almost completely cooked, add egg mixture, just enough to help almost hold veggies together. Egg mixture is made by whisking 2 eggs with...
On October 20th, judges Tom Colicchio, Amanda Hesser, and David Mawhinney chose Grand Street CSA’s Autumn Harvest Medley with Chinatown Pico de Gallo to win Just Food’s 2014 CSA Smackdown. Julie Ulmet and Stephanie Schumm edged out the competition at the third annual event, which was hosted this year at Haven’s Kitchen in Chelsea. Grand Street was one of three teams, including Staten Island’s Mid Island and South Shore CSA and Sunset Park CSA, to compete in this year’s finals.
- 2 large garlic bulbs
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Sea salt
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium-large head of cauliflower (2 1/2 lbs), cut in 1 1/2 in. chunks
- 1 medium celery root (1 lb.), peeled and cut in 1/2 in....