- 4 apples (peeled, cored, diced; a mixture of your favorite local apples works well!)
- Juice and zest from 1/2 a lemon
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 stick unsalted, cold butter
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, plus more
- 1 1/4 cup + 3 tablespoons cane juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Combine diced apples with 3 tablespoons sugar, pinch of sea salt, and juice and zest of lemon in a medium bowl. Pour into a well-greased baking pan (around 8 x 8 " will work).
3. Sprinkle crumble on top of apple mixture in pan.
4. Bake for 25 minutes, until golden brown.
5. Serve warm with ice cream or freshly made whipped cream!
Recipe courtesy of Sweet Loren's.