Autumn Harvest Medley with Chinatown Pico de Gallo
Autumn Harvest Medley
1. Saute ginger in olive oil
2. Add vegetables in order of how long they need to cook; carrots, cauliflower, tomatillo, mushrooms, bok choy, chard, thyme.
3. As you add veggies, season periodically with salt, pepper, olive oil, and flavor enhancers Maple Syrup and Chipotle.
4. When vegetables are almost completely cooked, add egg mixture, just enough to help almost hold veggies together. Egg mixture is made by whisking 2 eggs with salt, pepper, and a little water.
5. Mix eggs and allow to coat veggies; let cook through and then remove from pan.
Chinatown Pico de Gallo
1. Whisk together lemon juice (flavor enhancer), with olive oil, a little vinegar, salt and pepper.
2. Mix into the dressing raw vegetables (use a peeler or grater to make thin strips, or chop small): daikon, cilantro, green tomato, ginger, cabbage
1. Melt butter in pan.
2. Mix in thinly sliced ginger.
3. Cook for a just a minute, then add maple syrup.
4. Remove just before it browns. Chop into tiny pieces.
Preparation of final dish:
1. Dish out egg mixture.
2. Put Pico de Gallo on top
3. Put a tiny amount of fresh cilantro and candied ginger on top.
Recipe courtesy of Grand Street CSA's Julie Ulmet and Stephanie Schumm, winners of the 2014 CSA Smackdown.