Rhubarb Soda Syrup
Submitted by Anonymous on Wed, 06/04/2014 - 3:45pm
- 2 lbs. rhubarb, roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 2 to 3 limes)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- ½ cup sugar or more to taste
- A few sprigs fresh thyme, lemon balm, or mint
- In a medium saucepan, bring the rhubarb and 8 cups of water to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until rhubarb is soft, about 20 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to scoop out rhubarb and discard (or sweeten it with sugar and serve over yogurt or ice cream).
- Add the lime juice, ginger, and sugar to the rhubarb water. Bring to a low boil and cook, uncovered, for 20 minutes, until thickened. Remove from heat, add herbs and steep, covered, 5 to 10 minutes. Strain into a jar or bottle. Keeps in fridge for 10 days.