Submitted by Carrie on Fri, 05/31/2013 - 11:00pm
- 3 cups finely shredded zucchini (about 2 medium zucchini)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice plus ½ Tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- Wrap the zucchini in a clean dish towel and squeeze out the excess moisture.
- Process the zucchini, cream cheese, cilantro, oil, lemon juice, Parmesan, and garlic in a food processor until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Spoon the mixture in a serving bowl, cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Season the spread with salt and pepper to taste, sprinkle with lemon zest, and serve.
Makes 3 cups.
Recipe adapted from Tracey Medeiros' The Vermont Farm Table Cookbook